Bluetooth on Laptop

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at savvis.net
Fri Nov 18 17:30:08 GMT 2005

Hello,

> I've added the ng_ubt_load="YES" and rebooted. It fixed the problem,
> hcccontrol inquiry command finds my Nokia 3230 phone via bluetooth :-)
> But  I dont know why it didn't work when I used plain kldload ng_ubt,

did you load ng_ubt(4) module while bluetooth dongle was _attached_? if
so, then it would not work, because other driver (i suspect ugen(4))
already claimed the device. you need to unplug the device _after_ you
kldload ng_ubt(4) or do what you did and load ng_ubt(4) from loader.
this way ng_ubt(4) will attach to the device.

thanks,
max