[RFC] rc.d integration for the bluetooth subsystem

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 16 01:46:07 PST 2005

> in -current /usr/sbin/hcsecd and /usr/sbin/sdpd should be started by
> separate scripts /etc/rc.d/hcsecd and /etc/rc.d/sdpd. all you need to do
> is to put
>
> hcsecd_enable="YES"
> sdpd_enable="YES"

Oh yes, I totally forgot about them. They also work as exspected on
RELENG_6.

> into your /etc/rc.conf and you should be done. please do not forget to
> kldload ng_btsocket(4) module (from loader.conf) or else these will not
> start.

I also needed to manually pre-load ng_btsocket.ko for the bluetooth rc
script, so it has already been in my loader.conf.

> there is no reason to start/stop hcsecd(8) and sdpd(8) when device is
> attached/detached. if you plan on using bluetooth you just may have run
> these all the time.
>
> both daemons listen on wildcard addresses, so they should not be
> affected attach/detach events.

Thanks, good to know.

> >Now looking for a convenient way to sync contacts...
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bluetooth/2005-September/000422.html
>
> there is a mobile_backup.sh script that you might find useful.

Great, it worked just fine :-)

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de