bluetooth headset info quest

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at savvis.net
Sat May 14 20:30:12 PDT 2005

Carl,

> Exactly the kind of answers I was looking for.  This helps 10x as much
> as the 2+ hours I spent gagoogling.
>

>> it really depends on what do you mean by "work" :) almost all
>> bluetooth devices are capable of establishing baseband connections
>> and data transfer right out of the box.
>

>>> I have applications of this knowledge:
>>> 1)a friend says: : I need to know if i can connect a bluetooth audio
>>> handset to a fujitsu siemens 420 aka hp iPAQ 4150.  I am guessing
>>> no,  because pdf Page 80 (printed 8-4) does not list "headset"
>>> http://h200001.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00046424/c00046424.pdf
>>

>> you are probably correct. basically all correctly designed bluetooth
>> hardware should be able to support all existing bluetooth profiles.
>> the implementation of particular bluetooth profile is usually done in
>> software.
>

> So theoretically, someone could write a driver (?) that would let the
> bluetooth hardware be used as a sound card?

i not sure what do mean by "sound card", but yes, theoretically someone
could write a software that would implement headset profile. keep in
mind that bluetooth profiles normally depend on other profiles. please
take a look at

http://www.palowireless.com/infotooth/tutorial/k6_hp.asp

this can give you an idea about headset profile.

> Or maybe the driver from a 7xx could be used on the 410, given that
> you can get:
>
> "Bluetooth headset mono, only for Pocket LOOX 7xx, only to use for
> Voice over IP" -
> http://vilpublic.fujitsu-siemens.com/vil/pc/vil/datenblaetter/mobile/en/pocket-loox-acc.pdf

i really can not comment on that. it may be possible, or it may not. it
depends on how different 410 and 7xx. i have never owned a pocketpc, and
i do not think i ever will :)

thanks,
max