Bluetooth device broken

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Wed May 4 06:23:04 PDT 2005

Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> [moved to bluetooth@]
>
> Eric,
>
>> I'm trying to get the internal Bluetooth adapter in my Dell D610
>> working.  I see these messages on boot:
>>
>> ubt0: vendor 0x413c product 0x8103, rev 2.00/16.57, addr 2
>> ubt0: vendor 0x413c product 0x8103, rev 2.00/16.57, addr 2
>> ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints: interrupt=0x81, bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
>> ubt0: Interface 1 (alt.config 5) endpoints: isoc-in=0x83,
>> isoc-out=0x3; wMaxPacketSize=49; nframes=6, buffer size=294
>

> that looks just fine to me. the usb device has been recognized and it
> does seem to have all required usb interfaces/endpoints.
>
>> start_init: trying /sbin/init
>> WARNING: attempt to net_add_domain(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()
>> WARNING: attempt to net_add_domain(netgraph) after domainfinalize()
>

> those are harmless, imo. i have those too.
>
>> Partial output from usbdevs -v:
>> Controller /dev/usb1:
>> addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
>> Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
>>  port 1 addr 2: full speed, self powered, config 1, product
>> 0x8103(0x8103), vendor 0x413c(0x413c), rev 16.57
>

> that looks fine too
>
>> Do I just need to add the device info in a table somewhere, or are
>> there other issues (from the 'attempt to net_add_domain...' stuff)?
>

> why do you think your bluetooth device is broken? the fact that you do
> not see human readable name for your device's manufacturer/name does not
> mean that the device will not work.
>
> and, yes, if you want to see human readable names you need to add
> manufacturer (vendor) id and product id to the /sys/dev/usb/usbdevfs file.

Hmm.. I guess I should have tried it with the tools again.  I tried this
a weeks or two ago, and it would never create a ubt0 device for me to
use, but now it works.  (I've updated several times since then).  Sorry
for the false alarm!!   I guess it was fixed and I didn't realize it!
Now that's good service!! :)

Eric