bthidd

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Mon Mar 28 05:47:39 PST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:30:28 -0800, Maksim Yevmenkin
<maksim.yevmenkin at savvis.net> wrote:

> Ronald,
>
>> Is bthidd usable? It isn't connected to the build.
>
> define "usable"? :) you should be able to use it with bluetooth mice,
> but not with bluetooth keyboards. so, imo, its not very usable at the
> moment. bluetooth keyboard support is not there because i do not like
> the fact that i can not have more then one keyboard attached to the
> system. as soon as i find some time i will look into the system console
> driver to see what it takes to add support for more then one keyboard.

Usable... Mmm. I have a SonyEricsson K700i phone and on Windows I can use
the joystick of the phone as a mouse to control mediaplayer, etc. I would
like to do the same on FreeBSD, just for the coolness of it. :-)
Can I just do this?
cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/bthidd/
make && make install && make clean

Or is there more to it?