Nokia Bluetooth Sync

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 5 22:51:21 GMT 2005

Loren M. Lang píše v út 05. 07. 2005 v 15:46 -0700:

> I just purchased a nokia 6230 Cellphone with bluetooth and I've been
> playing with it on FreeBSD.  So far I have sent files both ways with
> OBEX and I tried out the DUN profile which my phone seems to support.
> When I ran rfcomm_pppd in client phone I got my phone to respond with
> the error message, "You must first subscribe to GPRS."  I'm assuming
> that just means I haven't set it up with my provider yet.  Though I am
> at a loss as to how to get bluetooth Sync to work with my nokia phone.
> That's the biggest feature I am wanting with bluetooth so I can keep my
> addressbook properly backed up to my pc.  I took a look at it on windows
> and it seems to establish an rfcomm port to use for the pc suite
> software that came with the phone, however I haven't gotten it to work
> yet.
>
> Would the nokia phone use some kind of standard like the sync protocol
> with pilot-link and pdas or would it need to be reverse engineered from
> scratch to get it to work?

For backup purposes, you may want to use function "Send whole
addressbook over bluetooth" and save incoming file in your computer (it
will be a huge .vcf formatted text file).

I don't think high-level synchronization is standardized, it will be
something Nokia proprietary. You could try comms/gnokii port which
should support Bluetooth on FreeBSD too.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

MIPS: Meaningless Information Provided by Salesmen