bthidd

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Wed Apr 20 13:13:18 PDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:51:54 -0700, Maksim Yevmenkin
<maksim.yevmenkin at savvis.net> wrote:

> Ronald,

  [ removed a lot of text ]

> looks like the phone has both keyboard and the mouse part. do you know
> if phone sends mouse events (if you move joystick i guess)? how about
> running 'hcidump' while pressing buttons on the phone?
>
>> # bthidcontrol -a phone query > /etc/bluetooth/bthidd.conf
>>  # bthidd -d
>> <select 'control external device' on my phone>
>> bthidd[786]: Accepted control connection from 00:0f:de:78:93:d8
>> bthidd[786]: Accepted interrupt connection from 00:0f:de:78:93:d8
>
> that looks fine. it means there is a hid session between phone and the
> computer. please use hcidump to see if there is any hid events going
> from the phone.
>
>> And now I'm stuck. I don't see a new device in /dev or a msg in
>> dmesg/console.
>
> there wont be any device. the mouse part *might* work. btw try to run
> bthidd on console (not on xterm).

I understand more now. I need to run moused to make it work. With moused I
can use my phone to control the mouse-pointer and mouse-buttons on the
console. I think I need to set up X11 to use moused for this to work on X
also. Does this work?

Ronald

--
  Ronald Klop, Amsterdam, The Netherlands