Bluetooth errors while using hcseriald and Ambicom BT2000 CF Adapter

Martes G Wigglesworth wigglesworth02 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 14 22:05:09 PDT 2005

I get the following in my dmesg output while executing the following:

>hcseriald -d -f /dev/ttyd4 -n sio4 -s 115200

>ng_h4_input: sio4 - ignoring unknown packet type=0
>ng_h4_input: sio4 - ignoring unknown packet type=0x80

>dmesg output for the connection renders the following:
#sio4: <Compact Flash Bluetooth Card> at port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 11
#function 0 config 2 on pccard1
#sio4: type 16550A
#sio4: unable to activate interrupt in fast mode - using normal mode

I am stuck, and unable to get any farther than the start of hcseriald.
I am unable to use my bluetooth at all, because I am unable to even find
a good howto for using hcseriald or even how I am supposed to connect
the interface even if I can use hcseriald.  Nothing ever happens other
than the output listed above.

my system is as follows:

FreeBSD 5.3-Release
Bluetooth CF Adapter: Ambicom BT2000 via PCCard CF adapter
Asus M6BN

Please give some direction.  I am at a loss.
--

Martes G Wigglesworth
WiggTekMicroSystems, Inc.