Bluetooth HID support

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Fri Mar 5 09:57:38 PST 2004

I am curious on what the state of the bluetooth hid drivers are.  We
will sortly start some development on developing some bt hid devices and
I'm looking to setup a unix workstation of some kind for it.  Is there
good enough support in FreeBSD 5.x for a bt keyboard or should I use a
linux workstation for now.

Also, it seems that just about all bt usb dongles use the same protocol
looking through the linux bt usb database where they all use the same
driver, though some need firmware installed.  Is there a good chance
then that if linux supports a specific dongle without any firmware
requirements with the generic driver that it will work on FreeBSD as
Linux's tested hw list is much greater and we've already purchased a
belkin adapter.

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C