sdpcontrol issues (LONG)

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at savvis.net
Sun Dec 5 08:19:14 PST 2004

Tuc at Beach House wrote:

>>actually, i was wrong. sdpcontrol and libsdp did not change that much,
>>so it should have worked. could you please get hcidump from
>>
>>http://geocities.com/m_evmenkin/hcidump-1.5.tar.gz
>>

> 	I happened to peek inside the directory and there was a sdpd. So
> for giggles I decided to get it, compile it and run it.

yes, that is the code from linux-bluez that i ported long time ago. it
should have both sdpd and spdtool. these are similar to sdpd(8) and
sdpcontrol(8).

> 	I've run it, and added DUN. I then went to my Winderz PC and told
> it to discover services on this, and it comes back with nothing.

how about add LAN, OPUSH etc. i.e. more services? stacks generally do
not use 'browse' command, but rather looking for a specific service. btw
did you try to use 'sdptool' (from sdp-1.5 package) command against
treo? did it work?

> 	I do attempt to access it from the Treo, and it seems to trigger
> sdpd, but I'm not sure what the next step its supposed to do is.

the way it should work is:

1) client (treo) discovers server (laptop)
2) client makes a sdp request to figure out what services host provides
3) client gets parameters for the desired service via sdp
4) client starts using the service.

> 	Am I pushing my luck?

no, it should work

thanks