Any good alternative to Raspberry for Arm64?

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 21:05:51 UTC 2021

On 2021-Mar-28, at 12:53, Stefan Parvu <sparvu at kronometrix.org> wrote:

>> You might want to look at IMX8 boards. Allwinner, RockChip and RPI
>> aren't made for industrial grade.
>
> Right, thank you for pointer. Are there ready images for these boards? Do you guys have these boards and are these supported?
>

>>> Is NetBSD a better choice than FreeBSD for ARM64 SBC ?
>>
>> Better choice for what ?
>
> I meant, does NetBSD has a better support for BLE, Wifi on ARM64 SBC than FreeBSD? More ready images available for different SBCs?

I do not know about the supported devices and such
but the distribution of pre-built images is handled
via: https://www.armbsd.org/arm/ (by Jared McNeill),
spanning both aarch64 and armv7.

NetBSD 9 lists 32 images (one being for Amazon AWS).
NetBSD-current lists 33.

In both contexts, there is a Generic 32-bit image
and a Generic 64-bit image. So 29+ SBCs each.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went