RPI4 clock speeds and serial port

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Sun Mar 21 13:50:51 UTC 2021

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 04:55:47PM -0700, Mark Millard wrote:

>To me the wording is unclear on an important
>point:
>
>Was this a rebuild after installing and booting
>the kernel and world that had been built with
>those flags? Or was this running the as yet
>not updated system and just doing the initial
>build with the -mcpu assignments?

1. cd /usr/src && git pull --ff-only
2. added those .clang statements to /etc/src.conf
3. it had already built world & kernel with the other WITHOUT_xyz
    statements in days previously

this was the first time i'd tried those -mcpu assignments.

I'll try building again, this time noting exactly what's done.

>CCACHE status?

enabled. I almost always use ccache as the buildtime impact is
substantial with any c/c++ program. poudriere uses it if it's available
for this reason.

>Was this caching effectively cleaned-out/empty
>for the timing?

I don't know. All I know is that it looks after itself. I'll
disable/clear out ccache [1] if changing major freebsd
versions [2], or tracking down a problem with a program building.

I'm surprised you don't usually use it

[1] rm -rf /var/cache/ccache/*
[2] also rm -rf /usr/obj and re-make it again

--
J.