what wlan driver to use on a 3 yr.old Pi3B?

wa5qjh wa5qjh at xmission.com
Thu Mar 11 07:54:35 UTC 2021

Sorry, I know this must be 10 steps backwards for most of you.
I just downloaded and burned to SDHC the new RPi3 12.2-Release and was so happy to see it "wake up"! but I have been trying for hours to get wifi up on it. I even resorted to plugging in 2 external wifi dongles, neither one of which i ever made work. but at least i found rtwn drivers in /boot/kernel. i know the wifi function is woven into the bluetooth controller, but I saw no fathomable (by me) connection to a driver.
 I need help, Please. direct answers as to the driver name, links to places to read, whatever anybody is willing to share!

Gary Corell
 Ya gotta see time beyond the end of your nose