RPi4 Status and sysutils/rpi-firmware (and rng)

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Sun Mar 7 15:55:12 UTC 2021

On Sat, Mar 06, 2021 at 09:30:33PM -0800, Mark Millard wrote:

> I've not done the huge-file copy-corruption testing
> recently, and never with stable/13 or releng/13.0 or
> a 13.0-BETA*/RC* . I probably should try, booting
> a 13.0-RC* image as the context (other than the
> rpi-firmware replacements). I use a file that is
> notably bigger than the RAM.

This is -current, chosen to be the latest offered.

> Historically, if the corruption problems show up
> the technique to get a reliable environment was to
> restrict it to using 3 GiBytes, possibly via some
> text in config.txt . This also applied to the
> RPi4B 4 GiByte models.

Might it be useful to attempt the huge-file corruption test?
This is a microSD-only setup, but it's a 32 GB card so there's
enough space for a file bigger than the 8 GB RAM. The most obvious
sticking point is need to manufacture a test file since there's
no ethernet. The second issue would be reporting; all I can
do is look at the screen and make manual notes. Enough for a
go/no-go test, not so good for details.

Thanks for reading, and all your help!

bob prohaska