RPi4 Status and sysutils/rpi-firmware (and rng)

Alex Samorukov samm at freebsd.org
Sat Mar 6 08:16:45 UTC 2021

On 06.03.2021 7:46, Gordon Bergling wrote:
> bugs.
>
> The 4GB model seems to not have such many firmware bugs as the 8GB model,
> I never updated the firmware or the u-boot image, but I'll try the patches
> to incorporate this into my regular testing.
>
> Thanks for your work on that platform!

+1 from me.

Using 2 RPi boards (RPI4/4Gb and old RPI1/512Mb) and both working very
good and stable with FreeBSD. I think in fact i never had any OS crash
in a last 6+ months or so.

Now thinking to get 8Gb model, mostly for testing and as a build host.
One of the things i found that RPi4 does not have rng driver. On attempt
to port one from OpenBSD i found in this maillist patches [1], but it
seems they never got any review/been merged. What is the best way to got
it in the upstream?

[1]
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-src/compare/master...RobCrowston:pi4-hwrng