RPi4 Status and sysutils/rpi-firmware

Stefan Parvu sparvu at kronometrix.org
Wed Mar 3 09:52:43 UTC 2021

> I won't do anything anymore on the rpi-firmware port and we need a
> maintainer for this platform.

FreeBSD core should review these. ARM architecture is and will be important for future.

1. ARMv8 should be upgraded from Tier 2 to Tier 1, as a supported platform.  Companies will not develop on FreeBSD if we dont properly support it.
https://www.freebsd.org/platforms/ <https://www.freebsd.org/platforms/>

2. And you cant have a supported platform sfor further development without ownership and maintenance. So, for sure the platform requires a maintainer.

Stefan