4K on RPI4?

Klaus Cucinauomo maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 29 04:36:42 UTC 2020

> Am 28.10.2020 um 20:48 schrieb myfreeweb <greg at unrelenting.technology>:
>
> ...Linux has drivers for video output (and GPU rendering too) for that broadcom SoC,

ouch, what a load:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/drivers/gpu/drm/vc4

> All we have is the framebuffer set up by firmware, and that is 1080p maximum.

looks like you're right, that driver even can’t execute 60HZ on 1900x1000, configured by  xrandr…

> FreeBSD is currently not really usable as a desktop on these embedded SBCs with non-PCIe graphics and display hardware.
well, `ve tried on 1080p with fvwm/xfce ..
Let`s say: it’s fun ..even watching full screen football video 360/720p .. not bad...
but maybe it’s an interesting option to stick with macOS for this purpose… :-) Ha Ha

K.