FreeBSD under VMware ESXi ARM Fling

Vincent Milum Jr freebsd-arm at darkain.com
Tue Oct 20 18:39:44 UTC 2020

ums isn't being loaded automatically. I'm not sure why. I've had to
manually add it to loader.conf to get mouse support working at all.

unrelated to vmware, a while back i was testing freebsd on a raspberry pi
competitor board (forget which atm) that only had USB storage. it would
boot to the point of switching to kernel mounting the file system, and
failing to find the USB drive. I now suspect that this is also related to
lack of *HCI (possibly specifically uhci), so I want to give that a try
there too sometime soon.

also, update on serial port. The vmware devs confirmed this is indeed
available on ESXi ARM. It was late last night when I tested just a very
basic connection, nothing using gdb yet. But this means we should have easy
kernel remote debugging access by linking two VM's virtual serial ports
together.