64-bit RPi4B u-boot hangup with modern rpi firmware: some information (but investigative-toolbox limited)

Klaus Cucinauomo maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 14 06:37:49 UTC 2020

> Am 14.10.2020 um 08:18 schrieb Klaus Cucinauomo <maciphone2 at googlemail.com>:
>

>> Am 14.10.2020 um 07:52 schrieb Mark Millard <marklmi at yahoo.com>:
>>
>> …...FreeBSD requires services from
>> armstub8-gic.bin that are not otherwise present as things
>> are (or that is my understanding).
>
> as of today:  correct understanding
>

>> ... I'll test vintages of start4*.elf and fixup4*.dat
>> pairs and see if that identifies a specific set of changes
>> to them...
>
> IIRC „we" can hack armstubs but  we cannot hack  start4*.elf &  fixup4*.dat ,
> but you can take a hexdump of start4*.elf  to compare changes  if you feel like it,
> while I doubt that will easy find the cause(s)..
>
> K.

.. also you can read this :
https://github.com/raspberrypi/tools/issues/114
, a cool user „forced“ a commit related to the boot-issue.

I have compiled that armstub-version and copied over but of course I didn’t expect it to fix our issue by one trial,
because I have no clue where or by whom the fbsd-armstub-binaries were compiled and merged in  .
I only „know“(or GUESS;-) that currently the gonzo-psci-thing for starting CPU is dependent of the armstubs

K.