RPi4B: modern firmware vs. Device tree loaded to 0x4000 (size 0xbe0c) [fails] vs. to 0x1f0000 (size 0xbd90) [works]?

Mark Murray markm at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 11 13:22:50 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

> On 11 Oct 2020, at 14:17, Klaus Cucinauomo via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm at freebsd.org> wrote:
>

>> Am 11.10.2020 um 15:11 schrieb Robert Crowston <crowston at protonmail.com>:
>>
>>> That’s the problem, armstub8-gic should have been removed when using modern firmware because it no longer depends on it.
>>
>> So are you telling me that I could rip out all the startup logic from the armstub and just leave our CPU spin up logic?
>>
>> — RHC.
>
> yes, exactly, even :
> $rm /Volumes/MSDOSBOOT/armstub8-gic.bin
>
> ( while I wouldn't swear that the initialization of your pcie driver from fdt will continue to run smoothly in the boot-process directly from SSD,
> I expect necessary adjustments..)

I'm watching progress with a very interested half-an-eye. There seems to be a lot of progress in understanding the RPI4B+, which excites me a lot!

Is there a single summary/script/blog that I could go to to get up to speed with you all, please?

Keep it up! :-)