RPi4B: emmc2bus dma-range handling does not track the boot-time-FDT (u-boot based booting)

Klaus Cucinauomo maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 9 22:19:33 UTC 2020

> Am 09.10.2020 um 23:25 schrieb Mark Millard <marklmi at yahoo.com>:
>

> The Raspberry Pi Imager is a way to install RaspiOS to
> media from Windows, macOS, ubuntu, or RaspiOS. It does
> not install Windows, macOS, or ubuntu but RaspiOS (an
> abbreviation of "Raspberry Pi OS“...
> ….These are not via the rpi organization's web site and www.raspberrypi.org does not provide the ubuntu image(s)…..

Sorry Mark, but what you say is wrong ,

Open the RaspberryPi-imager tool ( I’m a Mac-user, so got the Mac-version) ,
Goto ->
ChooseOS-> Ubuntu-> Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS (RPI3/4)/64-bit server OS for arm64 architectures…
Let it write to SD or USB… then mount the ubuntu-msdos-partition and copy over the whole crap
to your FreeBSD-USB-boot-media for the 4GB-model ….
 enjoy to see FreeBSD booting from USB without SD_card …
Perhaps you will stop enjoying the greatful boot-process when it will hang short before it initializes RobOCrow`s pcie-driver  :-) Ha Ha
but it boots 2020.10 and that’s the first step before fixing the hang...

Regards
K.