User Space GPIO Interrupt programming - GSoC-2018

Dr. Rolf Jansen freebsd-rj at obsigna.com
Tue Nov 24 20:14:49 UTC 2020

Hello

Has anything of the GSoC-2018 efforts made it into the current code base?

https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2018Projects/UserSpaceGPIOinterrupts

I installed the recent 13.0-CURRENT snapshot (2020-11-19) on a BeagleBone Black which was one of the implementation targets of said project, but when running the test tools, I either see cannot read/kevent/poll/aio_read - Operation not supported by device or Inappropriate ioctl for device.

Perhaps I need to pull the project’s changes into the kernel by myself. However, before this I would like to ask whether it is worth the effort.

Please, can anyone shed some light on this.

Best regards

Rolf