Problem with checksum offloading on RPi3 (PF + Jails involved)

YongHyeon PYUN pyunyh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 01:19:15 UTC 2020

On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 07:36:44AM +0100, Carsten Bäcker wrote:

[...]

> Hi,
>
> i applied the patch on -CURRENT but got a panic right after loading the
> kernel. Most likely an unrelated problem.
>
> But i was able to apply the patch on releng/12.2 (with an offset).
> Unfortunately it doesn't change the previously described behavior with
> rxcsum and i didn't manage to get any reasonable debug-output.
>
> Since i can easily reproduce the problem. How else can i help?

Finally had time to read the LAN89530 data sheet.  The data sheet
still does not clear on several cases and it requires real H/W to
experiment for various cases.  I created a patch which adds more
RX validation but it was not tested at all due to lack of H/W. Also
I even don't know whether it works or not after this change.  When
it does not work it would be good to know debug out of smsc(4).