libusb - no debug messages?

Quelrond quelrond at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 21:08:36 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm using the CURRENT snapshot on Raspberry Pi 4.

My app use libusb from base to communicate with some hardware.

Probably, libusb is compiled with a debug option as my stderr is flooded
by messages like

LIBUSB_FUNCTION: libusb_open_device_with_vid_pid enter
LIBUSB_FUNCTION: libusb_open_device_with_vid_pid leave

I would like to get rid of these messages, but libusb ignores the log
options passed by the 'normal' way. Probably, I need to rebuild libusb,
but I cannot find the option I need to disable for the build neither the
method to pass this option to the compiler.

Could someone help me?

Best regards,

Peter