arm64 as Tier 1 for FreeBSD 13

Ross Alexander rwa at athabascau.ca
Fri Jan 31 17:51:58 UTC 2020

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020, Klaus K?chemann <maciphone2 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 16:16:48 +0100
> From: Klaus K?chemann <maciphone2 at googlemail.com>
> To: freebsd-arm at freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: arm64 as Tier 1 for FreeBSD 13

> [snip ed.]
>

> In fact FreeBSD boots from uSD on the RPI4. from my quick reading of
> the sources afaik it was K. Evans who made it bootable with
> CPU-hacks and E. Vadot who made the u-boot ports.

Marvellous.

> [snip].

> If somebody answers here : " yes, I want a HowTo and will help the
> fbsd-project", I'll write a HowTo. ;-). If nobody wants to boot
> FreeBSD on the crappy RPI4 we can't help out :-)

I have a pi4 that's been sitting quietly on my desk waiting for a
bootable image for some months now.

I do weekly buildworld/buildkernel cycles and would be happy to report
my experience.  I've been doing this with CURRENT for a long time on
rpi3, FWTW.  But Bob Prohaska always get there first ;).

Please put me down for a HowTo.  Your help *greatly* appreciated.

regards,
Ross

Ross Alexander, (780) 675-6823 desk / (780) 689-0749 cell, rwa at athabascau.ca
                         54.71593 N 113.30835 W

     Order is simply a thin, perilous condition
     we try to impose on the basic reality of chaos.

        -- William Gaddis, _J R_
--
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communications received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
---