RPi4 Firmware Files (spawned from "arm64 as Tier 1 for FreeBSD 13")

Kyle Evans kevans at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 31 16:01:44 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 3:04 PM Klaus Küchemann
<maciphone2 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > Am 30.01.2020 um 21:36 schrieb Kyle Evans <kevans at freebsd.org>:
> > …
> > ..
> > I think there's some kind of impedance mismatch here, but I'm not sure
> > where. The steps are exactly as I wrote for the last RPi4 I stood up,
> > and shouldn't have changed in the past month or two, even. You should
> > only need to bring your own U-Boot and copy the rpi4 config.txt over.
>
> No no, everything is surprisingly good, you made a quite good job, no mismatches :-)
> It began to work with me with the following files downloaded from RPI-foundation and copied to
>  Msdos-partition :
> bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dtb(already there if I remember correctly)
> fixup4.dat
> fixup4cd.dat
> fixup4db.dat
> fixup4x.dat
> start4.elf
> start4cd.elf
> start4db.elf
> start4x.elf

Whoops -- it turns out that this was a local diff that never quite got
committed. I've now done so in r357335- sorry about that! They should
be there in next week's snapshots.

> Additionally the WHOLE(not only a part) folder „overlays“ in msdos-partition had to be overwritten
> with the files from RPI-foundation.

Yeah, so by default we just install the overlays that our stock
config.txt wants to use. This is a decision that we should perhaps
consider revisiting so that users of RPi* can just enable an overlay
they may have just heard about or discovered rather than also having
to fetch it and install it.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans