ARM kernel doesn't report memory

John F Carr jfc at mit.edu
Tue Jan 28 13:20:31 UTC 2020

If you run dmesg on FreeBSD 12 on amd64 you'll see lines "real memory = ..." and "avail memory = ...".  They don't show up on 64 bit ARM systems running CURRENT.  I can't find anything in dmesg output to show memory.  Is this difference a bug or a feature?  The peculiarites of the IBM PC memory map may have caused developers to pay more attention to memory on x86 systems.  My feeling is if the kernel prints out details of each disk drive it should at least say how much RAM it has.