lang/python37 fails to build on RPi2 running 12.1-RELEASE

John F Carr jfc at mit.edu
Sat Jan 25 20:34:04 UTC 2020

On Jan 25, 2020, at 15:19 , William Bulley <web at umich.edu> wrote:

> According to John F Carr <jfc at mit.edu> on Sat, 01/25/20 at 15:12:
>>
>>> 	> grep 74 /usr/include/errno.h
>>> 	#define	EPROGUNAVAIL	74		/* RPC prog. not avail */
>>
>> For process exit codes, as opposed to system call return values, look in /usr/include/sysexits.h:
>>
>> #define EX_IOERR	74	/* input/output error */
>>
>> These codes are not mandatory but they are conventional.  See sysexits(3).
>
> In either case, EPROGUNAVAIL or EX_IOERR, what do these tell me?
>
> What is preventing the install of lang/python37?
>
> Is a partition full (in the case of "input/output error")?
>
> What should I be looking for to allow this port build to complete?
>
> Regards,
>
> web...

Is there a more verbose log file elsewhere?  I ran "make stage" in lang/python37 and the output included this line:

copying build/lib.freebsd-13.0-CURRENT-arm64-3.7/_ctypes.so -> /usr/ports/lang/python37/work/stage/usr/local/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload

If there's an error message around there in the full output, it should tell you what went wrong.