SATA on BananaPi M1

Emmanuel Vadot manu at bidouilliste.com
Sat Jan 18 16:41:50 UTC 2020

 Hi Peter,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 21:41:42 +1100
Peter Jeremy <peter at rulingia.com> wrote:

> Is anyone using the SATA interface on a BPi M1 with FreeBSD?  I'm
> having problems getting the SATA PHY to communicate with a HDD and
> would appreciate chatting to someone who has it working.
>
> --
> Peter Jeremy

 I've just test SATA on my A20-Olinuxino and it works if I first tell
u-boot to detect drives ("scsi scan"). I have the same behavior as you
if I don't.
 IIRC we always relied on u-boot for SATA, our driver misses some stuff.
 Maybe u-boot use to scan automatically at one point so nobody though
that we missed stuff.
 Could you test if you have the same behavior ?
 Thanks.

--
Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> <manu at freebsd.org>