How to get pin to mode 6 on beagle bone black

Manuel Stühn freebsdnewbie at freenet.de
Thu Jan 16 20:37:09 UTC 2020

Hello Hans,

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 16:05:53 +0100
Hans Bentum <jwbentum44 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hello Manuel,
> >
> > I discovered this tool:  https://github.com/nmingotti/pinfun
> >
> >  As you can see pin 8_16 has mode 7 (should be 6). So something must give
> > it mode 7.  The overlays seems to be loaded.

I think the egpio.dtso is not applied, because all of its entries are missing in the devicetree-dump of yours. It seems that only am335x-boneblack-pruss.dtbo was applied correctly.

You could try to add your changed directly to the original devicetree file (sys/gnu/dts/arm/am335x-bone-common.dtsi) without using overlays at all to workaround some overlay trouble. Additionally you could have an closer look at the early boot. loader(8) prints also some information during devicetree loading and applying of overlays. Those messages are not visible via dmesg, they can only be seen on the serial console during boot.

Best Regards,

--
Manuel