Pinebook Pro, any progress as of yet ?

Søren Schmidt soren.schmidt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 15:26:20 UTC 2020

On 1 Jan 2020, at 15.24, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

>> dd if=idbloader.img of=/dev/afd1 seek=64 conv=notrunc,sync
>> dd if=u-boot.itb of=/dev/afd1 seek=16384 conv=notrunc,sync
>>
>> but not much luck, it still boots the stock image on the eMMC, and keeps the console tty at 1.5m, which for some reason I can?t read right now..
>>
>> I would have expected at leat some output at 115200...
>>
>> I read somewhere that It should boot from the SD if one is present, and it sure does with another linux image on a SD-card..
>
> The boot order is fixed and is SPI->eMMC->SD
> So if a bootloader exists on the eMMC it will boot from it.
> The u-boot installed will try to boot from the sdcard using u-boot
> distro boot mechanism but it will not work for us as EFI is broken on
> it. (It might work if you use kernel.bin and compile it with
> LINUX_BOOT_ABI).
>
>> Are you booting from the eMMC or SD-card ?
>
> From sd but my eMMC is blank.

Ahh, I was under the impression that it tried to use u-boot from the SD-card, my bad.

For my purpose it would be nice to be able to “dualboot” OS’s by just using a SD-card with the wanted OS on it, and let the stock system be on the eMMC.

I’ll play around with it at bit and see if I can get it to at least load a kernel.

I guess that means that I need the extlinux way of things to get it going…

-Søren