u-boot-rpi* has the existing "make first page reserved" code (shown); this appears to be where any fix would go (it works without FreeBSD changes)

Klaus Küchemann maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 14 22:32:43 UTC 2020

> Am 14.02.2020 um 19:22 schrieb Mark Millard <marklmi at yahoo.com>:
>
> As things are, if I'm to try to get a patch into
> FreeBSD, or something used by FreeBSD, it would
> more likely be for issues on old PowerMacs
> (powerpc64 and 32-bit powerpc). (But it is
> questionable that I'd have enough sustained-focus
> time to have an acceptable code update anytime
> soon.)
>
> ===
> Mark Millard
> marklmi at yahoo.com
> ( dsl-only.net went
> away in early 2018-Mar)

Your code will not  land in FreeBSD if it is
predictable that it’s neccessary to update or fix it anytime soon.
Every code will be reviewed , and the reviewers
are the ones who are responsible if they merge it.
Absolutely no problem e.g. to write a one-liner fix for ppc
and then go for vacations for 4 weeks  and let the sun shine onto your bu** :-)
Nobody will call you at  4 a.m.

Regards

Klaus