head -r357356: fails to boot RPi4 but boots Rock64 (same media, moved between machines); -r356426 booted both

Klaus Küchemann maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 2 02:39:01 UTC 2020

>>> Am 02.02.2020 um 01:11 schrieb Mark Millard via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm at freebsd.org>:

>> Although perhaps not same issues you have with "current" GENERIC-NODEBUG
>> we have to switch to GENERIC-MMCCAM if we want to access the SDIO of RPI4 .
>
> I'm unsure if I'd be doing anything where this mattered.
> Serial console, EtherNet (e.g., ssh use), possibly a
> USB based SSD is what is normal for me. Not much else.

It has to do with the proprietary brcmfmac-firmware which we can/will bind over the SDIO-bus
Because we currently have not yet implemented all things which are normal for you ;-)
we need a network and why leaving WIFI in dead state?

>> -----
>
> No such problem in my context, for the readers that
> I tried.

 thanks for valuable information of the uSD-plug USB-bus on your Rock64, I had that issue on the Rockpro64
with a card reader which works under fbsd-x86 .

>> … thanks in advance to you all if you are willing to  test GENERIC-MMCCAM in addition to GENERIC-NODEBUG !
>>

> I'm unsure what I'm supposed to find as different
> using MMCCAM. So I've no clue what to test or why.

https://wiki.freebsd.org/SDIO

you have to test it now , the whole night long  !
… just kidding..

Regards

Klaus