INTR_FAST

Kamal R. Prasad kamalpr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:50:42 UTC 2020

Hello,

 This page
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/smp-design.html

says that
"These interrupt handlers are currently misnamed “fast” interrupt handlers
since the INTR_FAST flag used in earlier versions of the kernel is used to
mark these handlers. The only interrupts which currently use these types of
interrupt handlers are clock interrupts and serial I/O device interrupts."

I want to use INTR_FAST for my spi controller, but i find that it is not
defined on freebsd stable11. Is INTR_EXCL related in any way to INTR_FAST?
if not, how do I setup a fast interrupt handler?

thanks
-kamal