RockPro64 with latest image fails to boot?

Søren Schmidt soren.schmidt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:54:46 UTC 2020

> On 6 Aug 2020, at 17.50, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:
>>>

>> I don?t need them for 2020.07 that finds 4G just fine on the rockpro64 but they where needed for 2020.04 (found them on the u-boot homepage back when, its a known problem fixed in .07).
>
> It's not in 2020.07 (see
> https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/arch/arm/dts/rk3399-sdram-lpddr4-100.dtsi <https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/arch/arm/dts/rk3399-sdram-lpddr4-100.dtsi>)
> so maybe some changes made the dram controller finding all the 4GiB but
> it's not correctly initialized.

Yeah, I noticed that the patch doesn’t apply to 2020.07 and that the values used now looks different, however 2020.07 does finde all the mem. Havn’t looked into that yet, but I will persue it when I get back this weekend, could easily be part of the problem...

--
Søren Schmidt
sos at deepcore.dk / sos at freebsd.org
"So much code to hack, so little time"