RockPro64 with latest image fails to boot?

Søren Schmidt soren.schmidt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:44:47 UTC 2020

> On 6 Aug 2020, at 17.27, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 17:19:41 +0200
> Søren Schmidt <soren.schmidt at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> What patches are you talking about ?
>>
>> With the stock 2020.04 from ports I had to apply this patch manually to get u-boot to find all 4G?s of memory:
>>

> That shouldn't be needed, I know I don't need it (same with others
> that have the boards and tested the latest image).
> So it's clear that your problem is DRAM related (which can explain the
> random freeeze or panic), but that doesn't really explain why you don't
> have problems with NetBSD, which version of u-boot are they using ?

They use a custom version of eyufan’s u-boot an old 2019 something..

> P.S.: That would have been good to start your recent mails by saying
> that you needed a patch for u-boot ...

I don’t need them for 2020.07 that finds 4G just fine on the rockpro64 but they where needed for 2020.04 (found them on the u-boot homepage back when, its a known problem fixed in .07).

--
Søren Schmidt
sos at deepcore.dk / sos at freebsd.org
"So much code to hack, so little time"