RockPro64 with latest image fails to boot?

Søren Schmidt soren.schmidt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 09:30:05 UTC 2020

> On 1 Aug 2020, at 23.55, Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:
>

> In case you would be willing to try building a kernel yourself, try something with a lot of non-essential modules (e.g. the allwinner modules) removed and see what happens (just trying to make the size of the kernel smaller).

Thats where I startet to see the problem, with my own minimal kernel config, to make certain I hadn’t goofed it up I tried the latest stock image.

I have tried different SD cards and PSU's to rule those out (and yes it boots every time on a NetBSD image).

However from 20+ boots I can say that it dies in different places but close to the original post here. BUT it did manage to boot once (without HDMI).
As the HW boots my older custom kernel just fine (and the other BSD’s) I don’t think its a HW problem, but more likely a race of sorts since it did boot once.

The same issue is with my pinebookpro, it behaves exactly the same, but no output on the display at all, just console..

I’ll try to backstep -current to where it did work and se it that brings any light over the issue…

-Søren