Espressobin anyone ?

Søren Schmidt deepcore.dk at gmail.com
Tue May 14 20:17:25 UTC 2019

> On 14 May 2019, at 21.10, Søren Schmidt <deepcore.dk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Marcin
>
> OK, I just tried 12-stable and it doesn’t seem to be able to locate any partitions.
>
> Is there any official docs/notes on how to setup the boot environment on the Espressobin board?
> I’ve been able to get it to load the efi loader with the stock u-boot (which is kindof linux centric):
>
> Found 1 disks
> Consoles: EFI console
> FreeBSD/arm64 EFI loader, Revision 1.1
>
>   Command line arguments: loader.efi
>   EFI version: 2.05
>   EFI Firmware: Das U-boot (rev 0.00)
>   Console: efi (0)
> Failed to find bootable partition
>
> I’ll try the stock arm64 image from head, see if that gets any further..
>

>> On 14 May 2019, at 20.47, Marcin Wojtas <mw at semihalf.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Soren
>>
>> W dniu wt., 14.05.2019 o 20:40 Søren Schmidt <deepcore.dk at gmail.com <mailto:deepcore.dk at gmail.com>> napisał(a):
>> Hi
>>
>> Just before I get me feet to wet in attacking it, is there anyone that has made progress on this ?
>>
>> There are a few rumblings here and there but nothing concrete ..
>>
>> -Søren
>>

>> It works nicely on HEAD (without PCIE though) - It was tried 2 weeks ago.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Marcin

The newest HEAD snapshot image doesn’t work either, fails the same way (no partition found) so no Lua loader..(my 12-stable uses the old 4th loader).

Found 1 disks
Consoles: EFI console
    Reading loader env vars from /efi/freebsd/loader.env
FreeBSD/arm64 EFI loader, Revision 1.1

   Command line arguments: loader.efi
   EFI version: 2.05
   EFI Firmware: Das U-boot (rev 0.00)
   Console: efi (0)
Startup error in /boot/lua/loader.lua:
LUA ERROR: cannot open /boot/lua/loader.lua: invalid argument.

can't load 'kernel'

Type '?' for a list of commands, 'help' for more detailed help.
OK

Ideas are welcome, seems that the aarch64 loader gets in there, but it fails to find the freebsd partition…

-Søren