Pine64+ UFS resizing / mounting root

Adriaan de Groot adridg at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 30 10:48:01 UTC 2018

On Monday, 22 January 2018 00:29:16 CET Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> With the most recent image, FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-arm64-aarch64-
> PINE64-20180110-r327788.img, -- but the same applies to earlier ones, I just
> never got around to asking about it, I'm seeing the following behavior:
>
>  - after dd'ing the image to a 32GB SD card,
>  - first boot sits at the "growing filesystem" forever (well, i've let it
> sit for four hours, doesn't seem to have finished by then).

This isn't a consistent problem, turns out: I just re-wrote the same 32GB SD
card with that image, and this time the growfs phase passed quickly. After a
reboot there is no problem with mounting the FS, either. So I'm going to guess
that hanging resize (and powering off in the middle of that) breaks the FS
label somehow. In any case the board works nice(r) now.

(The only difference between the card now, and the last time I tried this, is
that it's had six different Linuxes installed on it for the Pine64+ in the
meantime)

[ade]