A reliable port cross-build failure (hangup) in my context (amd64->armv7 cross build, with native-tool speedup involved) [details of a specific qemu-arm-static source code problem]

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Mon Dec 31 05:01:27 UTC 2018

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 at 14:34, Mark Millard via freebsd-ports
<freebsd-ports at freebsd.org> wrote:

> [Removing __packed did make the size and offsets match armv7
> and the build worked based on the reconstructed qemu-arm-static.]

Thanks for the analysis Mark! I've been suffering quite a few hangups
with my ports crossbuilds on amd64->armv7 on 12-STABLE, and I'll be
trying your suggestions to see whether it resolves the issue.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>