How much memory to compile www/chromium?

Trev freebsd-arm at sentry.org
Wed Dec 26 22:47:04 UTC 2018

bob prohaska wrote on 19/12/2018 04:49:
> The resulting executable turned up in /usr/local/bin/chrome, which was
> slightly surprising;

Turns out that's a wrapper script pointing to the executable at
/usr/local/share/chromium/chrome

> It seems to run, but is too slow to play Youtube videos smoothly. For static
> pages it seems fine.
>
> The major problem is a complete lack of audio.

My major problem is that after compiling for several days (there were
quite a few prerequisites) I end up with:

$ chrome
ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0: Undefined symbol "environ"

All ports were recompiled a week earlier over many days after the jump
from 12-CURRENT to 13-CURRENT. (FreeBSD rpi3 13.0-CURRENT FreeBSD
13.0-CURRENT r342189 RPI3  arm64.)

Arghhhh...