RFC: Switching armv7 to WITH_LLD_IS_LD for testing

Charlie Li ml at vishwin.info
Fri Aug 17 18:26:15 UTC 2018

On 17/08/2018 05:27, Ed Maste wrote:
> On 17 August 2018 at 02:42, Charlie Li wrote:
>>
>> I have WITH_LLD_IS_LD set in my 12-CURRENT armv7 crossbuild poudriere
>> jail; at least multimedia/libx264 is broken in a similar fashion to PR
>> 230214 ("R_ARM_ABS32 against local symbol" instead of "R_386_PC32
>> against symbol: memcpy").
>
> Would you be able to try with LLD_UNSAFE=yes added to the port's Makefile?

LLD_UNSAFE has the port building successfully.

It may be wise to check at least all the ports cited in PR 214864
needing adjustments for LLD since you said there's no easy way to
exp-run armv7 just yet. I have a feeling at least those ports on armv7
would also fail similarly to LLD on i386 before adding LLD_UNSAFE or
LDFLAGS+=-Wl,-z,notext .

--
Charlie Li
Can't think of a witty .sigline today…