BeagleBone Black with a I2C Digital Analog Converter

Dr. Rolf Jansen rj at obsigna.com
Sun Aug 12 14:29:56 UTC 2018

> Am 12.08.2018 um 10:48 schrieb Ian Lepore <ian at freebsd.org>:
>
> On Sun, 2018-08-12 at 01:01 -0300, Dr. Rolf Jansen wrote:
>>
>> BTW: The startup script /etc/rc.d/ntpd got a flaw. The -p option must
>> be removed from the cmdargs.
>
> No, you must not set that flag in ntpd_flags in your rc.conf. Also, you
> must run mergemaster or otherwise arrange to update
> /etc/defaults/rc.conf so that it gets the new (empty) default value for
> ntpd_flags.

Thank you very much, for looking into this. The problem was really on my side.

In order to facilitate tracking 12-CURRENT, I exclude some files in the course of the upgrade procedure in /etc from being replaced, principally /etc/rc.conf. Now I see, that said exclude mechanism collaterally prevented upgrading /etc/defaults/rc.conf as well, which actually was not intended. I replaced the old /etc/defaults/rc.conf with the latest one, and ntpd starts fine now. I corrected the mechanism as well.

Please excuse my ignorance.

Best regards

Rolf