RPI3 swap experiments ["was killed: out of swap space" with: "v_free_count: 5439, v_inactive_count: 1"]

Jamie Landeg-Jones jamie at catflap.org
Thu Aug 2 14:58:29 UTC 2018

"Me too" - running with the head src from yesterday, this time with swap on the mmc card, I get:

syslog: Aug  2 10:39:57 tiffany kernel: v_free_count: 3221, v_inactive_count: 1
syslog: Aug  2 10:39:59 tiffany kernel: pid 30593 (c++), uid 0, was killed: out of swap space

15 minute output of swapinfo, gstat -abd -I 10s, sysctl vm, and syslog up to the fail at:

http://catflap.org/jamie/rpi3/

Look at the end of the file, and scroll up as required!

I have it currently running again, using swap only from usb stick, and will post the results
there when complete.

Hope this helps!

By the way, if remote access to the rpi3 would be helpful, you can have it, there's basically nothing
on it, but this testing stuff, so anything can be modified/delete/blown up without issue!

Cheers, Jamie