RPI3 swap experiments

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Thu Aug 2 00:04:27 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 05:01:23AM +0100, Jamie Landeg-Jones wrote:
> bob prohaska <fbsd at www.zefox.net> wrote:
>
> > The significance of those lines isn't totally lost on me, but
> > it's not obvious how to apply them. Any guidance appreciated!
>
> Hi Bob.
> Save the patch file somewhere, e.g. /tmp/patch then:
>
> cd /usr/src/sys/vm
> patch -l < /tmp/patch
> cd /usr/src
>
> remake the kernel, and reboot!
> cheers, Jamie

That works like a charm, the new kernel is (re)building world now.
So far the only surprise is that top quit with a segfault, which
hasn't happened in a very long time. Buildworld seems undisturbed,
the gstat script is still running.

Where will the output go?  Serial console?

Thank you very much!

bob prohaska