head -r325700: BPI-M3 u-boot vs. FreeBSD kernel/loader and finding sinovoip-bpi-m3.dtb: fails [ -r324743 head worked]

Kyle Evans kevans at freebsd.org
Sun Nov 12 15:51:07 UTC 2017

On Nov 12, 2017 1:06 AM, "Mark Millard" <markmi at dsl-only.net> wrote:

On a BPI-M3 in u-boot:

=> printenv
. . .
fdt_addr_r=0x43000000
fdtcontroladdr=bbf42f68
fdtfile=sinovoip-bpi-m3.dtb
. . .

But for -r325700 /boot/dtb/sinovoip-bpi-m3.dtb
was not found (unlike for -r324743 where the
BPI-M3 had been before):

No valid d™evice tree blob found!

Interesting- I had a similar issue, but it was presumably due to having
locally updated the u-boot port to use u-boot-master.

IIRC, I worked around this for the time being by adding a LINKS entry in
the same makefile:

sinovoip-bpi-m3.dtb sun8i-a83t-sinovoip-bpi-m3.dtb

Or was it sunxi-? I believe it matched a .dts in gnu/, so I would double
check that- not at a usable machine at the moment.

Either way, this alone caused a recent -HEAD to boot. This is what I
currently boot on my bpi-m3: https://github.com/kevans91/freebsd/tree/clkng

Thanks,

Kyle Evans