[toolchain] lib/clan/llvm.build.mk: Shouldn't BUILD_TRIPLE definition rely host 'cc -dumpmachine'?

Eddy Petrișor eddy.petrisor at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 00:19:20 UTC 2017

Pe 5 nov. 2017 12:57 AM, "Gerald Pfeifer" <gerald at pfeifer.com> a scris:

On Sun, 29 Oct 2017, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> Yep --and it is even more complicated: gcc vs. clang are sometimes
> different for the target listed. . .
>
> For example -m32 for amd64 changes the clang result:
>
> # clang -dumpmachine
> x86_64-unknown-freebsd12.0
>
> ..
>
> # gcc7 -dumpmachine
> x86_64-portbld-freebsd12.0

That's not actually related to GCC, but the lang/gcc* ports using
the FreeBSD Ports Collection's default that explicitly set

Yes, I know. That's why I said the vendor part must be forced to "unknown".

  CONFIGURE_TARGET?=  ${ARCH}-portbld-${OPSYS:tl}${OSREL}

By default GCC would use the same as clang.

Sure, but that doesn't mean the vendor part of the triple in the default
compiler is guaranteed to be 'unknown'.

Eddy Petrișor