Booting RPI2 with FreeBSD 11, 12 or pre-built images

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 27 17:41:35 UTC 2017

On 06/27/2017 09:18, peter.blok at bsd4all.org wrote:
> I’m trying to build a RPI2 image with crochet using FreeBSD 11-stable as well as current but all of them only show the rainbow screen.
>
> I have tried the images from the FreeBSD ftp site and from raspbsd.org <http://raspbsd.org/> without success. Nothing on the uart either. A Raspbian image boots fine. Same with the Banana-pi
>
> Hate to admit but I’m stuck. Anybody else with the same problem?
>
> I am successfully able to boot on a RPI1B

I haven't tried prebuilt images for some time but once I had a similar
problem.  At the time, its msdosfs partition was formatted with long
file name support, which is not supported by the loader.

Jung-uk Kim