Orange Pi Zero support

Johnny Sorocil jsorocil at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 05:34:57 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com>
wrote:

>  You should use the GENERIC kernel, I'll remove ALLWINNER as it's not
> needed anymore.

Yes, GENERIC armv6 kernel is booting on Orange Pi Zero (with u-boot from
ports for Orange Pi Zero and "boot/dtb/sun8i-h2-plus-orangepi-zero.dtb") :)
Thank you for the help

>   I wouldn't use a different u-boot, see my last mail for compiling
> u-boot yourself.

I have problem compiling your fork of u-boot (and vanilla v2017.07.):
Steps:
git checkout freebsd
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi-
gmake orangepi_zero_defconfig
gmake menuconfig        # select "Enable FreeBSD boot"
gmake -j4

*** binman needs the Python libfdt library.
*** Either install it on your system, or try:
***
*** sudo apt-get install swig libpython-dev
***
*** to have U-Boot build its own version.

pkg info python\*
python-2.7_3,2
python2-2_3
python27-2.7.13_4