HEADS UP: Marvell Armada 38x support in the tree

Marcin Wojtas mw at semihalf.com
Thu Jun 15 14:04:22 UTC 2017

Hi Emmanuel,

>  First thank you for working on it.
>
>  What's the status with the DTS ? Do we still need the ones in
> sys/boot/fdt or can we use the ones in sys/gnu/dts ?

We cannot use 1:1 linux device trees (ours are based on v4.10, there
was almost no work done after that), although we are very close to it.
There are differences in PCIe ranges and also /soc - /soc/interregs
simple-bus nodes ranges. Both would require big workarounds in generic
code. On the other hand board dts files are basically the same in both
OSs.

Marcin